This module has helped me think about using standards, CFQs, or formative assessment in the following ways:
I can honestly say that I really enjoyed this module. As previously stated, I am VERY new to the field of education. I even mentioned to one of the teachers I was observing last year that I had no idea what ALEX was or that teachers even made their own lesson plans. For some reason, I thought teachers had a go to guide and just followed along. Boy, was I wrong! The one thing I love about this course and the Intel Teach Program is everything is broken down so simple. ALEX was introduced to me last year ,but it was not until recently that I took a deeper look. It is very important that standards are given to make sure the proper topics are covered. I had NO idea what CFQs were until this course At first when I saw it on the unit plan I was wondering what had I gotten myself into. However, I was pleasantly surprised :). The formative assessment took me a little bit longer to figure out ,but I can honestly understand and see the importance of standards, CFQs and formative assessment. There is no way a classroom, or anyone life for that matter, can honestly flow successfully without organization. There is a beginning and an end ,and must have a nice organized path to get to the end with the least amount of distractions. As a prospective teacher, the ideas and materials introduced in this model at first was very foreign. I am now a lot more confident. I am truly excited to see the final product of my unit plan!
No comments:
Post a Comment