This module has helped me think about student-centered assessment in the following ways…
As I pondered on what type of assessment to use, I thought about a few things. 1) How long would it take for me to provide feedback? 2) Is it "cool"? 3) Will it motivate students to think outside the box? 4) How effective will the project be with students with different learning styles? It is important for me to feel as though the teacher cares about my success in and out the classroom. If I have made it known time and time again that I dislike research papers, I would hope a teacher would take my thoughts in consideration and find a new way for us to present information. This module helped me to break down what I felt was most important in the project. Giving them enough space to work on their own with the guidance of a rubric, checklist, and/or any other guide (including myself) gives them enough Independence to accurately complete the task. Not only that, but they understand from the beginning what skills and content I would like for them to cover.
No comments:
Post a Comment